MAPIR: The Web-Based Application Tool for Vermont Medicaid Payments
Vermont is one of 14 states using the Medical Assistance Provider Incentive Repository (MAPIR) System to manage Medicaid EHRIP applications. MAPIR (pronounced "mapper") is the state-level information system that tracks information regarding registration, attestation and EHRIP payments. Eligible Professionals and Eligible Hospitals participating in the EHR program will use MAPIR to submit their initial applications and annual attestations. MAPIR is accessed the Provider Portal on the Vermont Medicaid website.
Before You Begin
There are several tasks to complete prior to applying for state Medicaid PIP/EHR Incentive payments using MAPIR.
- If needed, update your CMS Medicare & Medicaid EHR Incentive Program Registration and Attestation System (R&A) registration. Retain a copy of your R&A Registration ID.
- Identify one individual from your organization who will be responsible for completing the MAPIR application and attestation information. This person can also serve as a contact point for state Medicaid communications.
- Consult the MAPIR User Guides to gather the necessary information and for pictures of each screen you will encounter during the attestation process.
Update your CMS R&A Registration
Ensure the provider's Payee NPI and Payee TIN are accurate and consistent with the information on file in the Vermont Medicaid system. This can be the source of error notifications, and prevent the ability to proceed with an application in MAPIR.
Access the CMS Registration and Attestation (R&A) System here:
If you need help with the CMS R&A website, contact their help desk at NLRProdSupport@cms.hhs.gov or call toll free: (833) 238-0203 Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Voicemail is available outside of regular operating hours.
Updated User Guides for Program Year 2020 are here:
Logging into MAPIR
MAPIR is accessed through the Vermont Medicaid provider secure web portal:
Providers must be properly identified in the Vermont Medicaid system. In addition, there must be a relationship between:
- The preparer (the person attesting on behalf of the provider);
- The login User ID for the Medicaid Provider Portal, and;
- The providers' information within the Medicaid system.
Aligning this information is necessary in order to proceed in MAPIR. Some providers and preparers have experienced common issues in accessing the MAPIR system as a result of issues with provider information alignment.
A troubleshooting guide and contact information for solving for these common MAPIR access issues is available here:
Our updated FAQs may address the questions or issues you have:
For assistance with the Vermont Medicaid Promoting Interoperability/EHR Incentive Program and the MAPIR system, email us at ahs.dvhaEHRIP@vermont.gov, and a member of the Vermont PIP/EHRIP Team will respond as quickly as possible during business hours.
For questions, contact the Vermont PIP/EHRIP Team at ahs.dvhaEHRIP@vermont.gov
(Page last updated 08/10/2020)