Program Year 2018 began as of January 1st, 2018.
CMS has published its "2018 Program Requirements" page:
The guidance at the CMS website confirms that providers who attest to a state's Medicaid EHR Incentive Program will continue to attest to the measures and objectives as finalized in the 2015 EHR Incentive Programs Final Rule.
In Program Year 2018, providers have the option to use 2014 CEHRT, or 2015 CEHRT, or a combination of 2014/2015 CEHRT.
Options for Meaningful Use Stage
- Attesting to Meaningful Use Stage 3 criteria is an option for Program Year 2018 for those providers who have upgraded their CEHRT to 2015 standards, or a combination of 2014/2015 editions that supports MU 3.
- Providers may continue to attest to Modified-Meaningful Use Stage 2 Objectives and Measures.
Reporting Periods for Meaningful Use Objectives and for CQMs
- In Program Year 2018, all providers will once again be attesting to a minimum 90-day EHR Reporting Period for the Meaningful Use Objectives and Measures.
- CMS has clarified that a Full Year Reporting Period will required for PY2018 CQMs.
CMS Guidance for Program Year 2018 EHRIP Reporting Requirements
- Medicare and Medicaid EHRIP Clinical Quality Measures from 2017 through 2018
- 2018 Medicaid Modified Stage 2 Spec Sheets for Eligible Hospitals
- 2018 Medicaid Stage 3 Spec Sheets for Eligible Hospitals
- 2018 Medicaid Modified Stage 2 Spec Sheets for Eligible Professionals
- 2018 Medicaid Stage 3 Spec Sheets for Eligible Professionals
For questions, contact the Vermont EHRIP Team at ahs.dvhaEHRIP@vermont.gov
Back to the Vermont Medicaid EHRIP Home Page
(Page last updated 04/05/2018)